Leopard Facts For Kids Picture Book Ages 3-5
In the Clouducated Leopard Facts For Kids Book, Do You Know Leopards?, your child will learn many new facts about leopards.
- Leopards have spots: Leopards are big cats with spotted coats. Some leopards are black. Black leopards have black spots and are called black panthers. Some leopards are white. White leopards have black spots and are called snow leopards.
- Leopards look like jaguars: Leopards look a lot like jaguars, but their spots look a little different. Leopards are smaller than the other big cats like lions, tigers, and jaguars.
- Leopards are skilled hunters: All leopards are very strong and powerful. They are skilled hunters. A leopard quietly creeps through the jungle, bares its sharp fangs, and captures its prey. A leopard likes to eat its meal in a tree where hungry lions can’t steal it!
- Leopards live in many habitats: Leopards can live in many places. Some leopards live in the rainforest. Some leopards live in the desert. Some leopards live in the mountains and some leopards live on the African savanna.
- Leopards have babies: Leopards get together to have babies. A mother leopard finds a safe place to have her babies. She may have two, three, four, five, or even six babies.
- Leopard cubs grow: Baby leopards are called cubs. A mother leopard takes good care of her cubs. She feeds them and protects them. The cubs grow quickly on their mother’s warm milk.
- Leopard cubs learn: The growing cubs practice their hunting skills by playing. They wrestle and pounce on each other. A mother leopard teaches her cubs how to hunt. A leopard cub stays with its mother for about two years. Then it is time to leave home to start a family of its own.
In Do You Know Leopards? you will learn:
- Leopards Are Animals
- Leopards Are Big Cats
- Leopards Have Spotted Coats
- Some Leopards Are Golden-Brown With Black Spots
- Some Leopards Are Black With Black Spots
- Some Leopards Are White With Black Spots
- Leopards Look A Lot Like Jaguars
- Leopards Are The Smallest Of The Big Cats
- Leopards Hunt Other Animals
- Leopards Eat Meat
- Leopards Eat In Trees
- Leopards Have Babies
- Baby Leopards Are Called Cubs
- Mother Leopards Take Good Care Of Their Cubs