Butterfly Facts For Kids Ages 6-8
In the Clouducated Kids Nonfiction Book, Butterfly Facts For Kids, you will learn many interesting facts about butterflies.
- Butterflies are colorful: Butterflies are flying insects with bright colors and beautiful wings. They come in a rainbow of colors and are some of the most beautiful insects on Earth.
- Butterfly live all over the world: A habitat is a natural home where plants or animals live. Butterflies live all around the world in a variety of habitats, such as grasslands, mountains, deserts, and rainforests. They are found in our backyards, gardens, and parks.
- Butterflies are insects: Like all insects, butterflies have three body parts, six jointed legs, compound eyes, a pair of antennae, and an exoskeleton. The three main parts of the body are called the head, the thorax, and the abdomen.
- Butterflies have wings: Butterflies have light bodies and strong wings that are covered in thousands of overlapping scales. Under the scales, the wings are see-through like other insects’ wings. Each wing scale has a single color, and when put together with thousands of other colored scales, creates the beautiful patterns on a butterfly’s wings. Butterfly wings are wonderful examples of symmetry. The wings on one side of the body match the wings on the other side of the body. They are mirror images of each other.
- Butterflies have sensory hair: Butterflies have sensory hairs all over their bodies. They can feel vibrations and “hear” with their sensitive hair-covered bodies. A butterfly smells and feels with its two antennae, which are covered with sensory cells. Antennae help the butterfly to locate food and to find a mate.
In Butterfly Facts For Kids you will learn:
- Are Butterflies Cold-Blooded Insects?
- Do Butterflies Have Bones?
- What Is A Butterfly’s Body Like?
- What Are The Different Kinds Of Butterflies?
- What Are Butterfly Wing Scales?
- How Do Wing Scales Create Patterns?
- Are Butterfly Wings Symmetrical?
- What Are Butterflies’ Habitats?
- What Do Butterflies Like To Eat?
- Do Butterflies Have Five Senses?
- What Are Butterfly Enemies?
- Why Do Butterflies Migrate?
- Where Do Butterflies Lay Their Eggs?
- What Do Caterpillars Like To Eat?
- What Likes To Eat Caterpillars?
- What Is A Chrysalis?